The website www.jharnashah.com is owned by JHARNA SHAH MAKEUP STUDIO.
1. In the event of a student failing to attend the confirmed course or complete the course for any reason other than in the unlikely event such that course is cancelled by Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy, no refunds or deposits of fees fully paid will be made. We do not entertain refund, return or cancellation of fees. Entitlement to a later date course will be gained at the discretion of Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy course directors.
2. Deposits and balances are non-refundable but will be credited against the course fee in future enrolments.
3. The balance of the full course fee should be paid to Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy on the agreed date set out in writing. Failure to comply with agreed payments may result in loss of secured course place and all prior payments are non-refundable.
4. Upon notification of the commencement date, no variation in the course date will be permitted without full payment of any outstanding balance and at least one month’s written notice being received by Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy, who reserve the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. The applicant may make only one change of date.
5. A student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy on the commencement date and at the time specified in the confirmation letter which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with full payment.
6. Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
7. Students will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been made.
8. Course fees, deposits and other payments are transferable at the discretion of the directors.
Hours, attendance & achievement
1. Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the school’s director without prior notice.
2. Hours, location and dates may be changed at the discretion of the school for reasons deemed appropriate by the principal. Students will in all cases receive the full amount of hours of the course they have signed up for.
3. Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all the absence be avoided where possible.
1. It is the individual responsibility of all international students to gain their own visas for legal study in this country. We direct all international students to the UKBA for advice and assistance.
2. Students making arrangements for payment of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees or proof of payment from their bank, accompanies their application form. We advise students to mark requests to their banks for foreign exchange as ‘Priority’, being of an educational nature.
3. It is vitally important that the remitting bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy receives the amount in full.
1. It is regretted that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement and for educational purposes.
2. It is not the responsibility of Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason. However, Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy will provide support where mitigating circumstances apply.
3. All course contents, their elements and fees are subject to change without any prior notice to students at the discretion of Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy.
4. Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to take part in practical sessions without the assistance of a suitably qualified interpreter. The interpreter must be arranged and at the expense of the student. Provision for assistance with written assignments will be handled on a one to one basis and during class time only.
5. Students failing to complete their assessments, including after provision of additional assistance, during the term of their course will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/assessing. These sessions will be at the convenience of Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy. Check with the administration department for the current rates.
1. If any student behaves improperly at Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy’s premises, as determined by the tutor, or causes damages or removes any equipment belonging to the School they will be asked to leave immediately.
If you choose to enrol on the Advanced Master Hair & Make up Artist Course a deposit of £800 is required from all students in order to secure a place. Beyond the deposit charge you may either pay the course balance one month prior to study or spread payments in instalments so long as All outstanding fees are settled prior to study.
Once funds have cleared in the LMA bank account, which normally takes 3 working days, you will be sent a Course Enrolment Pack including Confirmation Letter, Receipt and Student Discount Letter with which, to buy your kit.
Payment for the either course can be made via bank transfer or LMA secure PayPal system selecting the credit card of your choice. Once you have decided to study with the school please contact us regarding your preferred dates of study and payment method; a member of the administrative team will advise you on how to proceed.
The college is a private institute and as such there is no current provision for financial aid.
Jharna Shah Makeup and Hair Academy is committed to achieving an educational and working environment which provides equality of opportunity, and freedom from discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political beliefs, age, sexual orientation or social or economic background.
The process of gaining admission to the school will be clear and transparent, and structured to allow ease of access to learners as appropriate to their needs. Information, advice and guidance will be available at each stage of the process so that prospective learners can make informed and appropriate choices. We will operate clear and consistent admissions procedures.
Information and Privacy for Users
• JHARNA SHAH MAKEUP STUDIO respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining it. When you shop on our shopping store, we will ask you to input your information and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, telephone/ mobile number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and password.
• These personal information about you is not collected automatically or without your knowledge. We follow standard procedures to help protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of data stored on our systems. Any employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Safe and Secure shopping at www.jharnashah.com
• We use encryption technology, digital certficates, secure commerce servers, and authentication to ensure that your personal information is secure online.
• We use ‘Cookies’ to keep track of your current shopping session to personalize your experience and so that you may retrieve your shopping cart at any time. ‘Cookies’ are tiny text files which our Website places on your computer’s hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer.
• Cookies` cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information. Please note that the cookies we use for our Website or email campaigns do not store personally identifiable information about you or your finances. We do not hold any of your credit card information. This information is securely collected by our authorized payment.